Across South Africa, young leaders are pioneering innovative solutions to urgent social and environmental challenges. These young visionaries represent a powerful force if given the opportunity to develop much-needed skills, access additional resources, and learn from and collaborate with one another to drive meaningful, dynamic, and measurable change.
To address these needs, Monash South Africa (MSA) launched MSA LEAD – Leading Entrepreneurs for African Development – in 2016, a fellowship program for young social entrepreneurs between the ages of 16-29 years old. The program is the result of a global partnership between MSA, the International Youth Foundation (IYF), and Laureate International Universities. Implemented by MSA, the program identifies and supports young social entrepreneurs across South Africa, while strengthening the regional youth social innovation sector as a whole.
Annually, MSA LEAD recognizes 10 youth-led projects that are positively impacting their communities and provides their leaders with:
- Public recognition at an awards ceremony
- Cash awards to support their work
- Trainings in leadership development, project management and communications
- Ongoing learning and mentoring opportunities throughout the fellowship year
- Access to the global network of YouthActionNet® alumni
For more information about MSA LEAD, visit the program website.